6 Years; 2,191 Days and... Over a Thousand Events
The EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre celebrated its 6th anniversary on October 7, 2020.
- The first event hosted by EXPOFORUM was the 5th St. Petersburg International Gas Forum that opened on October 7, 2014. It can be rightfully considered a landmark of the Convention and Exhibition Centre. Nowadays it’s one of the most reputable business events of the oil and gas industry that annually gathers together leading representatives of the global community. Decisions made during the Forum have direct effect on establishment of the global gas market.
- EXPOFORUM is the main point on the map of business events. As a venue it is chosen by important international forums attended by top public officials: the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, the Russian National Congress of Cardiology, the 137th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, the Truth and Justice Forum organized by All-Russia People's Front, the Global Fishery Forum & Seafood Expo Russia, a meeting of the Intergovernmental Council of the Eurasian Economic Union, the 85th UFI Global Congress.
- EXPOFORUM is certified as per the GREEN ZOOM Russian standard which, as well as other international systems of building certification systems in field of green construction, considers the object from various angles: transport accessibility, the influence of housing development on the environment of the existing area, energy efficiency, safety and comfort of the internal media for the person.
- The foundation for the EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre was laid on November 23, 2011. Famous architect bureaus such as Gerasimov and Partners, NPS Tchoban voss, Tchoban and Partners serves as authors and developers of the concept and the architecture design.
- When choosing the color of facades architects drew an analogy with the Amber Room of the Catherine Palace located at the distance of a 15 minute drive only from EXPOFORUM. Walls of exhibition pavilions are decorated with engravings featuring St. Petersburg of 18th – 19th century.
- EXPOFORUM is located in the highest place of the Northern capital – in Pulkovo Heights. And the highest point of EXPOFORUM – a restaurant on the 7th floor – has the same height above the sea level as the Alexander Column. The territory of the complex takes 56 hectares. There are hotels of the international Hilton chain, a spa complex, restaurants, business centres, a customs logistics park.
- The Church (of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God) on Pulkovo Heights was constructed in the times of Catherine II by architect Giacomo Quarenghi and destructed during World War II. The church is a part of the architectural ensemble. During construction works on EXPOFORUM the foundation of the church was revealed, and it was restored after drafts of the architect. A unique architectural landmark was designed to feature a two-bell-tower which was unique for Russia.
- EXPOFORUM is accredited by the Ministry of Sport as a sport facility that can host competition in 77 kinds of sport. It’s where ballroom dancing and aeromodelling tournaments, motor trials, show jumping and dressage take place as well as cynological sports.
- Since 2014 to 2020 the EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre as a venue has hosted more than 17 international and national rotable congresses with a total number of participants of over 25,000 people. Three of them took place in Russia for the first time; 2 were attended by top public officials and their second-in-command, 2 – under the aegis of UN.
- Since 2014 to 2020 over 1,300 events of various focus took place on two venues of ExpoForum International – the EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre and the Lenexpo Exhibition Complex that were visited by more than 5.3 mln people.
Happy Birthday, EXPOFORUM!